Wednesday 14 May 2014

Using patterned papers (DT post)

Hey there again!
 
We are into our second week for the month of lovely crafting with supplies provided by the lovely Julie at JB Crafting Supplies.
 
For this card I decided to just go crazy with the beautiful papers provided (Graphic 45) and the sentiment from the lovely Indigoblu 'Take the time' set. I did some layering and inking and ripping and embossing and got this beautiful result!
 
Supplies Used:
 
Graphic45 - 12x12 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Collection
Tim Holtz Weathered Clock
IndigoBlu - Take the Time stamp set
TH Distress ink - Vintage Photo
Uni-ball Signo Broad white gel pen
Archival Ink - Jet Black
X-Cut embossing folder - Chronology Clocks
brass brad
We R Memory Keepers hole punch
 
 
 
 
I started with this beautiful graphic45 paper which was cut down into quarters. I die cut a clock with one sheet and embossed the other with my clocks embossing folder. Since the paper was larger than my embossing folder, I had to run this through twice. I wanted to ink over the embossed sheet to bring out some of the details of the embossing but because the design on the folder didn't quite line up when embossed twice, I had to be careful not to ink too much. Before I did this I tore around the paper so as not to have any crisp cut lines and then I inked vintage photo around the edges. I stayed mainly on the outside of the paper but I did bring in the ink slightly just to bring out the texture of the paper. I adhered this to my card.
 
I then took my die cut clock and inked around the edges there to make sure that stood out a bit against the business of the background. I mounted the clock with a full die cut piece of foam adhesive just so that it would lay flat and not curl up in areas. I recommend die cutting the piece already attached to the foam as it wasn't easy lining it up afterwards!
 
With the clock hands, some people arrange them at a significant time or some at the usual 12, 9, or 6 etc... I decided to line mine up visually and just filled the space after placing my sentiment.
 
The sentiment was stamped with the IndigoBlu stamp in archival ink onto white card. I did a mixture of inking and soaking of the paper to give it some age. Unfortunately this made me lose a lot in the sentiment visually so, after I dried the paper with my heat tool, I decided to take my white gel pen and fill in the main words to pop it out a bit.  I inked around the edges a bit more and stuck it down to my card.
 
Lastly I added a few metal embellishments to the top corners and my card is done! Personally to me it has the feel of wood chip art. I am not one for using patterned papers but these are beautiful and Im very pleased with the final result. I hope you are as well!


 

3 comments:

Leave us some love!!