Tuesday 27 May 2014

Take the time tag! (DT post) JB Crafting supplies

Hi my crafty friends!

This post is a little delayed on my page and you may have seen it before if you follow me at all over at JB Crafting Supplies. I am very proud of this tag though so I just wanted to share with my followers who haven't seen it. And if you want to be first to know of some of these weekly posts, head over to JB Crafting Supplies Blog and check back every week!

{And just a quick little note before getting started, I apologize for the disclaimer on the bottom of my pictures. I am trying out a watermarking app for my phone and have yet to decide it I want to purchase it or not!}

For this tag I decided to go with some warmer colours. I used mustard  seed, barn door, wild honey and vintage photo. I inked the tag starting with the lightest colour and then surrounded it with the darker ones. I stamped the background with some script stamps and postal stamps very lightly with Walnut stain and then threw a few droplets of gold shimmer water onto the tag which I then blotted off. I have a small obsession with tim holtz products so again I used one of his dies to cut my hexagon strip out of the same beautiful graphic 45 paper from last week. I did not do any inking on this, though in hindsight I might have brought some darkness around the edges.

 
I chose several stamps from the Indigo Blu stamp set 'Take the Time'. I have a small obsession with keys, locks and of course CLOCKS and watches, and I loved the sentiment that came with this set.
First I chose the cogs, the sentiment, the advertisement and the watch and laid them onto my tag to get an idea of placement. I always try to do this if I can as it gives me a starting point to go by. I decided that I wanted to use the watch as a focal point so I stamped that onto some white card twice for colouring and layering. I blended in the same colours from the tag into the centre of the watch, adhered it to the other stamped image with some thin foam adhesive which I then covered with rock candy crackle paint. You can use any crackle medium for this and I probably should have used crackle accents myself as the crackle on this meant that I lost a lot of the detail in the watch.

I stamped the advertisement stamp directly onto the tag with embossing ink and then blended over top of it with gold pan pastel. I also used the embossing ink and gold to line the edges of the tag.

 I stamped my cogs directly onto the tag  as well and then stuck my die cut and watch on top. I added a small ball chain to look like the watch was attached to it. This I glued with glossy accents for extra strong hold. I used glossy accents one more time to stick down a cogs charm behind the watch to add some more interest to the tag.

I wanted the sentiment to show up but I also didn't want to cover all the beautiful background work on the tag. So I stamped and embossed with black embossing powder onto heat resistant acetate. I stuck small bits of foam adhesive to the back hidden behind the letters and stuck this to my tag. I finished the whole thing off with a bit of cream lace.

I hope you like the finished result. I wish I had played around with placement a little more but over all I am happy with it.

Happy Crafting to you!

Sam.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!!