Saturday 1 June 2013

...and it's hello from me!

I'm Adele, I am (ahem) 47 and I have been married to my wonderful hubby for over 15 years now. I am kept busy with a son of 13 and a daughter of 11, as well as working Part time in a Pre-school.

I have been crafting for as long as I can remember. Even as a child I remember sitting there with some  plastic knitting needles or one of those little French Knitting Dollies! I progressed to Cross Stitching for a while, attempted a bit of basic sewing but knitting was always my main thing.

When my daughter was born, we discovered that she has Down Syndrome, and especially in the very early days, time was so precious and sitting down with some knitting didn't seem to give me the results I wanted, and probably needed, quickly enough. That's when I turned to paper crafting and I haven't really ever looked back.

Even after 10 years of paper crafting, I still consider myself very much a novice. I look at some absolutely amazing work online and my Pinterest Boards are getting bigger by the day, but time never seems to allow me to attempt new things. I have been on a few Design Teams in the past but a few years ago my health took a turn for the worse and I as good as gave up crafting completely. Recently I have tried to throw myself back into crafting again, joined Stampin'Up in the hope that one day I would love to give up working in childcare and let crafting become more than a hobby. I will need to find some confidence before that can ever happen!

I am excited in this New Blog Adventure and grateful that Samantha has let my be part of the journey. I often lose my crafty mojo and hope to find inspiration and motivation here in this little corner of cyber space. I hope that you will drop by often and come on the journey with us.


Adele
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!!