Tuesday 11 February 2014

Looking back (pizza bites!)

There are all forms of being crafty. Of course, my blog is mostly about being inky and gluey and papery, but every once in a while I get the chance to try a recipe which I think you can call crafty as well! So while the post below is an old one and from my other blog (yes I have another, no I don't really use it anymore), I really enjoyed these little pizza bites and they were so easy to make, I thought I would share with you fellow crafty people.

As an added note before you start reading, this was good for me because 2 of 3 of my kids are allergic or intolerant to dairy. So making these ourselves is a good way to be sure that you can use dairy substitutes and they can still have their pizza fix. We use lacto free cheese grated up and even my eldest who has no problem likes it.



**My son is squeeling away at 'Jake and the Neverland Pirates' at the moment and I just love hearing it. He has discovered that those things called 'hands' have the ability to grab everything within reach and stick it in his mouth. My eldest daughter is watching the same show and eating a lunch that she and I prepared together. A very poor version of pizza (in my mind) but she created it and therefore its delicious. Basically, toast topped with pizza sauce, pepperoni and orange cheese squares. Dont rush to write down the recipe. Speaking of recipes, however, I recently found this recipe on pinterest:
 
And I decided to give it a go. Let me tell you, its one of the good ones! I made it for my brother in law who loved them and requested them any chance he got. These are mine:

 
 
If you decide to give this a try, I would definitely leave out the salt. It says optional on the recipe but I put some in the first batch and it definitely doesnt need it. The pepperoni and cheese give it enough. You could probably try different flavours in it too though I havent tried that yet.***
 
I do hope you give this a try, especially if you have little ones. I haven't actually made it for quite a while and I think I might just make a few soon! They may be a good little snack to bring on the plane for our upcoming trip!
 
Leave me a comment if you have tried these or are planning to, and you are also welcome to ask any questions! If you want to follow my foody board on PINTEREST to see what other things catch my eye the click the link!
 
  
Sam.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!!